Thursday, June 24, 2010

Step Outside

Last night, around 11 o'clock, I decided to sit outside for a while. Why? Well, just because. I don't really get to do it that often. I work at night, so it's dark when I go to my car and I always wish that I could just sit and look at the sky for longer than two seconds. Last night was my night off so I decided to go ahead and take the time to relax and enjoy the cool night air. It was wonderful. It brought back memories of sitting on the steps with my dad when I was younger. My dad is what I like to call a "step-sitter". A step-sitter is someone who sits on steps. Well, I can see the potential of becoming a step-sitter in myself. I felt so relaxed. I didn't have to think about what I was supposed to do, what my obligations are. I just sat and felt the breeze through my hair. The wind makes the most beautiful sound when it brushes through the leaves of a tree. I think it could be the most relaxing sound on earth. When I get my own place I am going to make sure I live somewhere with a lot of trees. Clouds were swimming through the air at their own pace. It was like they didn't have a care in the world, and I guess they don't. I wonder what it would be like to live like that, going at one's own pace. It must be nice. I am sure we could live like that if we wanted. When I was sitting outside, I realized how nice it can be to just sit and watch the clouds pass by overhead. I wasn't wearing my contacts last night, but it didn't matter. I wasn't missing anything. This is what beauty looks like.
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment