Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Harder than I thought

Yesterday, my family, best friend and I all went to the airport with Olga to see her off. As I saw watched her walk through the gates I started bawling my eyes out. I couldn't help it. It was really hard to say goodbye to her. When she went to Poland for five months it felt like forever, and not even a year later she is going back to stay for FOUR YEARS. Maybe even possibly for good? Those four years could either pass by in a flash or they could take an eternity. I know that Olga will be safe and happy in Poland, so I feel nothing but happiness for her. But I also feel that if she isn't under my watch she is in danger. I have felt this way since we were very small, like I am here to protect her from bad things. I know this isn't true, because Olga is a very independent young woman. But that doesn't stop me from constantly worrying about her. I miss you Olga!!! Okay, I promise that this blog won't be all about how much I miss my sister. It is just a very big change for me and everyone else. :)

3 comments:

  1. I feel for you Nancy. I added Olga to my list too. Thanks. Wish nothing but great things for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. NAncy poo! I want to hear about your travels to enlightenment. PS. My blog is not posting properly... :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Steve!
    Olga: I did read both of your new blogs! Thanks for giving me more credit than I deserve. ^^

    ReplyDelete