Saturday, October 16, 2010

You Are the Observer of Your Mind

This may be a difficult concept to grasp, but it is something that I have discovered through meditations. You are not your thoughts, nor are you the thinker of those thoughts. In reality, you are the observer of your thoughts, the observer of your mind. I was sitting in meditation today when the thought came to me. Because when meditating, we observe our thoughts and then we let them pass. In our daily lives, we get so caught up with the things that people say and do to us. But in reality, those things are not affecting us at all. We are actually detached from our thoughts. My teacher told a group of us that "I think, therefore I am" is actually wrong. Our thoughts don't really make up who we are. We are only observers of those thoughts. This is a difficult concept to grasp. I'm even having a hard time with it. But this is what I have discovered thus far.
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment