Tuesday, October 19, 2010

What's in a Name?

I'll admit it. I tend to call people names. A lot. And I know I have to stop. I realized today that calling people names doesn't do anything. It really doesn't. So what's in a name? Why do we call people things that we ourselves wouldn't want to be called? I'm finished. I'm not going to do it anymore. And if I do, it will be out of habit. But this is a habit that I am going to try very hard to break. The greatest thing that we can ever do, the most powerful thing that we can ever do is to forgive. When we snap back at someone who is making us upset, we are just kindling the fire. Then a wild fire can arise and we will end up being the one getting hurt. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." I don't like being called names, I don't like when people snap at me for no reason, so why do it myself. Approach a situation with love, empathy and understanding; the outcome will be better. If we can look at everyone in this world with compassion, compassion will come back to us.
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment