Monday, January 3, 2011

Life is Not Necessarily a Series of Events

So, I realized that for at least a week, I'm going to have to be extra careful about my spending. At first I looked at this situation as if it was a curse, but actually it's a lesson. I'm not going to be going out at all this week, I'll be working my scheduled shifts, and on my days off I'm just going to pitch around and read. Sounds like quite a plan to me. I'm only working 24 hrs this week. So I can figure out what I can do with my other time. I can help my Mom around the house, finish "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" by Steig Larson, watch a movie, clean my room, listen to music, meditate. Today I went to a friend's house and studied with my little study group. It was fun. I am truely blessed to have such great friends that I met through school. I helped my dad do some stuff and later tonight I practice a bit of yoga. Tomorrow I'm going to work, but other than that I'll probably read. You know. Sometimes life just needs to be simple. Sure, the glamour and lights are fun, but just relaxing and taking in the world one breath at a time has a high of its own. Simplicity is what life is all about. Sure, it's fun to go out, but we can't spend money all the time. If we did, life would just get so dull. This week is about taking things one step at a time. Yes, I am a little panicked at the moment. But it's okay. I'll be able to pay for my school books hopefully by next week. For the meantime there is nothing I can do about it. And that is what being in the moment is about. Not feeling stressed about a situation that I have no control over. Live life the way you want, and enjoy it.
I guess what I am saying in my title, that life isn't really made up of a series of events, is that it's really based on what we choose to notice in out lives. Are we living, just to experience something bigger and better? Or are we living NOW? Experiencing each moment as it is? Because really, that's all we have. We can anticipate the things to come, but to be honest, that's not living. That's not happiness. So, life is not ONLY a series of events, life is simply each and every second that we breath.
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment