Monday, November 8, 2010

Out of Practice, Out of Mind

We've all heard the well-known saying "Out of sight, out of mind." Well, this can also go with Yoga and the practice of Yoga. It's been a while since I've done Yoga (1 week is quite a long time in my mind), so I decided to stop by the yoga studio that I go to. I was half an hour late to my class but there was only my instructor in the room and she was doing her own practice. She said that I could join her for the last half hour that she had. So I did. Basically she did her thing, and I did mine and then follwed along with her. It was the first time I've done something like that, and it was very different. I honestly didn't know what to do with myself. It's been so long since I've actually done my OWN practice that I was confused as to what I should be doing. But I did it. When I say out of practice, out of mind, you probably know what I'm talking about. If we don't keep up our Yoga practice, or any practice at all, then we start to forget things. During this follow-along yoga practice, I did a wheel pose and then countered it with Fish Pose. Well, for a moment, I forgot how to even do fish pose. I eventually remembered, but I realized that I have to keep practicing. I need to retain that fluid movement, and I need to keep my body strong. I love my practice, and I don't want to give it up. I practiced for about half an hour, but I felt so good afterwards. Love. That's all that comes to mind at this moment.
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment