Monday, August 16, 2010

Count Your Blessings

We are always told to count our blessings? But do we really do so? I try to thank God (or whatever the higher power that is out there) for the good things that happen to me. Even if it is being on time for work when I am running late. We have to try to think about how lucky we are. Good things happen to us every day. We don't even notice it half the time. I consider myself a pretty lucky person. No, I have never won the lottery, I haven't gotten a dream vacation to the bahamas, but there hasn't been too many bad things in my life, and I am still alive. I am always thankful. I am healthy, I have a kind and loving family. That's really all I need in the world. Unhappiness comes from wanting more and more out of life. I get upset sometimes because things aren't going exactly the way I want them to, but that OKAY. I am lucky that I have a job, that I get good health benefits, I am lucky that I have the resources to go to school and further my education. We should all be greatful for the good things in life. They outweigh the bad, even if we don't see it. Negative things can cloud our judgement and make us resentful. We need to get past that cloud, recognize the positive. If we keep doing that, life with be ten times better.
Namaste

3 comments:

  1. I love need it! perfectly said <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy, Thank you so much for reading my blog and commenting here. You have a beautiful blog and words here as well and I hope I have a chance to read more often. Truth be told, my time is so limited with my book deadline approaching. You are so RIGHT. There are so many things to be thankful for in this life. By having gratitude instead of wanting, more abundance comes into our life. By always searching outside of what we already have in life, we can never find contentment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for reading my blog Katherine! I feel honored that a wonderful writer and author like you has chosen to read my post! I am looking forward to purchasing your book when it comes out. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete